Join us Thursday, March 8th as we support and celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD). This year’s theme is “Connecting girls, inspiring futures” and here’s what your Library has planned for you …
- Be part of creating an inspirational quilt … this hands-on self reflective activity doesn’t require any sewing and it certainly isn’t your great granny’s quilt, but we think she’d be proud of you for participating!
- Don’t miss award winning author Linda Frank’s moving presentation about the inspirational life story of artist Frida Kahlo based on her book, Kahlo: The world split open. 1pm in the Toolbox (just around the corner from Cummings Library) at Fennell campus.
- Will there be a draw? You bet there will be! Just fill out a ballot for your chance to become a Library VIP (very important person). Of course we think all our students are important, but … the VIP title comes with perks!!!! One VIP winner will be selected from each library location.
- Wear purple March 8th! It’s not only fashionable, it says … hey I support IWD!
- Get the word out to your friends and followers on Facebook & Twitter by uploading the IWD icon to your profile page.
- Be sure to check out the IWD displays on view at each of our library locations.
- For more information explore our IWD subject guide available online.