The Library website and catalogue as well as other college websites and in addition, access to the Internet from within the college, will be unavailable on Friday, Oct. 25th, 8pm – Saturday, Oct. 26th, 6am, due to electrical work being done in the College during that time.
But you can still access library resources from an offsite Internet connection, such as your home Internet connection. Just go to our subject guides to access all the resources you know and love! Please note that any links from subject guides to our website or to the catalogue will not work during the shutdown period.
Below is information from the College Information Technology Dept. which outlines which services will be unavailable during the shutdown period:
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing quality services at Mohawk College, the staff in Information Technology will be migrating equipment to the new data centre.
ALL Information Technology Systems and Services will be Unavailable (unless specifically noted below) from:
Friday, October 25 at 8:00 p.m. to Saturday, October 26 at 6:00 a.m.
Unavailable systems and services include the following:
- Internet (from 9 PM to 10 PM) Including connections to: MoCoMo, Banner, eLearn, E-mail, OneCard, all web applications, all websites.
- Internet at the Residence (from 10 PM to midnight)
- All Wireless access (from 10 PM to midnight)
- File Share Services
- Academic applications and desktops
- Application servers. Including all applications: Acad, AIMS, TPHI, Raisers Edge, Clockwork, SharePoint
We apologize for any inconvenience.